Monday, September 17, 2007

Starting a business: How To Change Your Life in 2 Easy Steps

by sheri tonga
Starting a business of any kind is possible more difficult than it looks. It will draw a lot from the things that you have learned or discovered in your life. However, if you have yet to equipped yourself of the necessary provisions before dealing with business, there are two important steps that you must follow, or you'll end right up where you are now - wishing you had done this years ago.

Now, this might sound too easy at first, so don't let that fool you.

I want you to know that following these two steps has changed my life more than you can imagine, and enabled me to overcome what you might think were insurmountable obstacles along the way.

You see I once shared a grass hut in a desperately poor village in the Philippines with 13 members of my family. I used to walk miles along muddy tracks barefoot to fill my basket with wares to sell before and after school everyday.

And today, I share a 4-storey waterfront home in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with my husband and two daughters, and I own a thriving business.

Following these two steps that I'm about to share with you made all of this possible for me, and it can do that for you too.

Here are the two steps:

#1. Find someone who has already done what you want to do and learn from them. We've all been told to work smart, not hard - and that's exactly what this step is all about. Why make mistakes when you can learn from other people's?

#2. Invest in yourself. Now, I know that making an investment in yourself is sometimes a hard thing to do. Lord knows you may have been conditioned to place everybody else's welfare ahead of our own, or maybe it just ended up that way.

But know this, any goals will take longer to achieve if you're not prepared to invest in learning the things you need to learn. Aren't you worth it?
Link

No comments: